Hey guys, in our recent February 2016 poll where we asked “Which browser do you have less lag in for playing Wartune?” and in this short post we share with you the results. There were 451 players who voted – thanks to everyone for the votes and the resulting winner was Chrome browser with 51% of votes.
Chrome (51%, 230 Votes)
Firefox (23%, 103 Votes)
Internet Explorer (17%, 78 Votes)
Opera (7%, 30 Votes)
Safari (2%, 10 Votes)
I was really surprised at the results compared to my own experience with Wartune. I constantly end up switching between browsers trying to find the best and I felt that the best might differ over time. I remember there was a period I was having a lot less lag in Opera, but then some updates happened in Wartune or in the technology and I switched to Chrome for a period and after I felt IE was having the best performance. Today I switch around between IE and Chrome.
Another important point to consider is browser penetration. If I make a quick Google search about this I find Browser Statistics by W3Schools where we can see that the most widespread browser is Chrome with close to 70% usage, so basically majority of the world is using Chrome :P. This is followed by Firefox at around 20%, so the two together already form 90% of all usage. IE at 6%, Safari at 3% and Opera at 1%.
So perhaps some of the results in Chrome winning in this voting is due to its widespread use, but I assume the voting players have tried various browsers being frustrated with lag, so congrats to Chrome 🙂
Matched Links from DolyGames Sites / Google
NOTICE TO SUPPORTERS
Thank you to those Wartune players who are supporting my work, COSMOS Wartune blog and DolyGames gaming portal & the games that I create for people to play for free.
My goal is to reach 300 PATRON SUPPORTERS to help pay my monthly costs. Currently I have 29 Patrons! (Also thanks to Patrons who supported in the past!)
So please consider supporting my work via Patreon and check back for new articles and updates at the COSMOS Wartune blog and/or follow announcements on the Twitter page or Facebook page.
Bad hackers can make “from” email address look like anything they want. If you receive emails from COSMOS/DolyGames asking for your account details or password or money or anything strange – these e-mails are a case of criminal phishing and should be ignored.
Be careful, also for your personal emails, good luck!