Hey everyone! In this post I share with you the guide for Castle Wars which is a new feature in Wartune Patch 7.8. This is the Wartune developer’s guide which is also sent to all Wartune publishers to share with the players. So here we go:
There shall be a great feast if we win this war!
How to Enter Castle Wars:
Click the top event icon or visit NPC Arlos in the Cloud City to enter.
Timing / Duration & Conditions
Unlock Time:21:30 – 22:00 every day
Unlock Condition: Castle Wars is a monsters crisis survival event. Players participate in the event in a guild. The Guild Master need to spend 5 million Guild Wealth to enroll their guild. After signing up, every guild member can join. Sign-up data resets on the first day of each month.
Castle Wars Gameplay Guide
1) Each round divides participating guilds into two teams: Blueand Red. Upon entering the event, players will join the team which their guild stands for. Players will garrison the castle and fight monsters to defend their castle. The first team to eliminate all monsters will win, or if a team’s castle is destroyed by monsters, the other team wins automatically.
2) Players can select a strategy to garrison or fight once the countdown to start has ended. Click the “Fight” button and your troops will move towards the monster cave. During the movement, when running into monsters, the troops will automatically fight them. Troops will continue to move forward after a successful battle, but player HP will not restore during the event. If a player dies, they will have to wait 30 seconds till the cooldown ends to select another strategy. Meanwhile, they will receive a battle buff, which will increase their attributes by a certain percentage. The buff will vanish after the player wins a battle.
3) Monsters respawn around the cave at intervals and march towards the center of the battle ground. When there are no troops to garrison the castle, the monsters will attack the castle, resulting in the reduction of the castle HP. The event ends when the castle’s HP reaches 0. Each time a player defeats a monster, a rival’s monsters cave adds two monsters.
4) When monsters are attacking the castle, the troops will be able to attack the cave if their amount is larger than that of the monsters (max. 3 attempts). After 3 battles, players will have to re-select strategy (choose to garrison or fight). A team wins after clearing the monster cave.
5) Players will be able to change skills after defeating a certain number of monsters. Different skills give different effects.
Instantly remove 5 monsters from the cave on your side.
Instantly add 5 monsters to attack rival’s base.
Increase attributes of the battling troop by 2%.
Directly attack rival’s garrison troops or attack the base if there are no garrison troops.
6) Players who have been AFKfor more than 5 minutes will be kicked out of the event and will not receive any battle reward. They will only receive match result reward.
7) Players can click “Garrison” to return to the castle, but this will not restore HP (Players will stay in the castle after clicking “Garrison” so they will not be kicked out).
Victory and Failure
Destroy Enemy Castle: When a team’s castle HP becomes 0, the other team wins.
Eliminate Monster Cave: When all monsters in one monster cave are eliminated, the event ends. The team that eliminates all monsters wins.
Event Timeout: When event time is over, if both castles have remaining HP, then the team with more HP wins.
Event Timeout Decider: When event time is over, if both castles have the same amount of HP, then the team with more points wins; if point amount is the same, the team that kills more monsters win. If both teams kill the same number of monsters, they tie with each other and neither will receive match result rewards.
Castle Wars Settlement (a.k.a. Rewards)
Match Result Reward: Match result rewards are issued by mail after each event (Check the above text for conditions of victory and failure).
Monster Reward: After defeating monsters, players will receive random drops and personal points.
Personal Point Reward: Players with 50 or more personal points will be ranked and credited with rewards.
So roughly speaking it is like Hero Trial but with monsters 🙂
It does not take much time (max 30 min) but the rewards are not expected to be amazing (as a couple of German Wartune players commented), so I suspect those players who play the Hero Trial might play this too but those Wartune players who skip doing the Hero Trial completely will also skip this.
Important point which I also mentioned in my Devotion video is not to miss the timing (21:30 – 22:00 every day) because this is worth 15 Devotion points. So even if you don’t play it I suggest just popping in to get the easy (and big) 15 points of devotion.
So what is your first impression – do you like this new Wartune feature?
Matched Links from DolyGames Sites / Google
NOTICE TO SUPPORTERS
Thank you to those Wartune players who are supporting my work, COSMOS Wartune blog and DolyGames gaming portal & the games that I create for people to play for free.
My goal is to reach 300 PATRON SUPPORTERS to help pay my monthly costs. Currently I have 33 Patrons! (Also thanks to Patrons who supported in the past!)
So please consider supporting my work via Patreon and check back for new articles and updates at the COSMOS Wartune blog and/or follow announcements on the Twitter page or Facebook page.